My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Learning to love Jesus more and more, appreciate his grace, and worship him.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Top 10

I'm not sure if this will become a regular on RJ Coffee House but I was thinking of randomly having a top 10. So for this week's list the subject is why coffee is better than tea. Here we go!

10) We're not British!

9) Coffee tastes better black.

8) Coffee is black - if you can see the bottom of the cup it is not worth drinking.

7) Coffee tastes better with cream.

6) Caffeine - I know what you're going to say 'tea has more caffeine than coffee' yeah I know dummy but that's per pound not per cup!

5) Scones - what the crap is a scone anyway? No real coffee drinker ever eats a scone.

4) Coffee has better nicknames, joe, java, oil, mud...etc what does tea have...that's right - nothin'.

3) Coffee doesn't have a 'time'. It is good any time unlike tea which must be consumed at 'tea time'.

2) Smooth. Coffee is much smoother on the pallet than tea. Tea leaves a bitter aftertaste.

1) And the number one reason - Bitter. Coffee has the perfect bitterness for a hot drink without a nasty bitter aftertaste (unlike tea see #2 above).

I hope you enjoy the first top ten. Remember as you drink your steaming hot cup of joe that you are part of an elite group of hot beverage imbibers and with every sip of that delicious brew you're saying 'down with tea!'

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

11. You can drink from a mug and not a nancy 'cup and saucer'

12. It's an understood addtion. People believe you when you say "I NEED COFFE OR I'LL DIE"

13. You can put chocolate in it... try that with tea!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

14. The options with coffee are endless . . . take for example my order at Starbucks: Grande, non-fat, toffee nut latte with whip - tea just have different flavors, but not as many possibilities.

I do have to say I am not sure about the "tastes" better black - but that is my personal pref.

Good thougths RJ

4:31 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

Dew is better... in my opinion.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

J Crew -

Dew is exellent, and you know I love it, but it no subsitute for coffee!

A nice warm cup of coffee, you need to wait for it... you can guzzle dew anytime you want, but you must be paitent and drink at the perfect time. Not too hot and not too cold. Coffee brings with it good, taste and nice kick, and feeling of personal acomplishment.

A real feel good brew!

11:44 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

I disagree, mainly because I hate the nasty aftertaste coffee gives me. It sickens me, plus it is too grown up and I'm not quite ready for that yet

10:14 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

Kludge, why would I want to "enjoy" a beverage that I have to wait for? Since when is waiting a good thing? The only people who have carte blanche on coffee drinking without ridicule are soldiers, cowboys, and beatniks.

5:59 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

Hey, I like those nancy cups & saucers! I think it is one reason to prefer tea. :)
But I do start each morning with a cappucino or latte, so I guess coffee's pretty nice too. Obviously there's a third key ingredient in my coffee -- milk, steamed preferably.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home