My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Rosa, California, United States

Learning to love Jesus more and more, appreciate his grace, and worship him.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

S'more Secrets

SJ goaded me into writing another post for RJ Coffee House. She left some nasty comments so I thought I should get on the ball and write another post, even if it ends up being a short one.

I thought I would share another secret to brewing the perfect cup of coffee. It is the grounds to water ratio. This may sound silly to some of you out there but it is absolutely necessary to have the right amount of grounds to water in order to brew the perfect cup.

Some put way too many grounds then add about a thimble full of water and end up with some gnarly java. You all know what I'm talking about. The next problem is similar only in reverse. One bean is ground up and 32 gallons of water are used. Hello that's the bottom of my cup. The coffee should be dark enough so you can't see the bottom of the cup but not so dark that it pulls light from the atmosphere.

So the next time you're brewing coffee for your guests remember to have a propionate ratio of grounds to water and you friends will always feel welcome.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I wasn't trying to leave a nasty comment - sorry you took it that way - I just enjoyed reading the blog, checking daily and there was no new posts - so I was just hoping that you would post again.

Glad to see you did! See - your other blog gets over my head sometimes - now coffee is something I know for sure - - - so thanks for posting

11:28 PM  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

SJ - You know I'm kidding. You didn't leave a nasty note, I was just joking. Just your comment made me post that's all.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

And I am glad :):):) If it worked, then I succeeded! (I think I spelled that wrong) - - -

6:58 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

You are really beginning to freak me out

4:38 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Who me?

10:00 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

No, RJ-77

10:48 AM  
Blogger RJ-77 said...

Why am I beginning to freak you out? Huh, brace face?

10:43 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

You are scary with the coffee man. It makes me wonder if that's all your brewing

4:42 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I thought this post was gonna be about toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate & graham crackers! I personally feel a little ripped off!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home